Andrew F Dennis Rural Scholarship
This scholarship is valued at $2,500 for one year. The scholarship will assist rural and remote students studying Information Technology in the Education, Science, Technology and Maths Faculty with relocation expenses so they can focus on their studies. Recipients will be selected on the basis of a written statement of 300 words outlining why they chose to study at UC, their interest in the scholarship and demonstrating how the funds will assist them.
Value of Scholarships :$2500.00
- Be enrolled in their first year of the Bachelor of Information Technology;
- Have relocated from a rural area to undertake their studies. This is a student whose usual place of residence is an area other than a major city of Australia according to the Australian Standard Geographic Classification (ASGC);
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- Attach a 300 word statement outlining why they chose to study at the University of Canberra and how the financial assistance provided by the scholarship would contribute to the advancement of their education and career ambitions;
Closing date: Census Date Semester One
Unsuccessful applicants may be eligible for a bursary. Ongoing bursary support may also be made available to scholarship recipients in subsequent years of study. Bursary payments will be made subject to funding being available and satisfactory ongoing academic performance. There is no guarantee of bursary payments being made.
- Recipients must maintain their enrolment as a full-time student during the term of the scholarship;
- Recipients must agree to their academic progress being made known to the scholarship sponsors;
- Recipients should maintain a minimum of a pass average and adhere to the University of Canberra's undergraduate policies and procedures https://guard.canberra.edu.au/policy/Academic/Progress. Recipients who do not maintain a pass average may have their scholarship withdrawn;
- Recipients will be asked to provide feedback on the how the scholarship funds helped with their study costs at a later date convenient for all parties