Open Day 2016
Whether you are passionate about the arts, interested in health or want to learn more about our business, technology or education courses, you have come to the right place! Our 2016 Open Day is a fantastic opportunity to navigate your way around UC and ask all those questions on your mind.
Open Day Checklist
There will be plenty of representatives from all four faculties at Open Day, so you have ample opportunity to have some in-depth conversations about our courses.
To assist you to make the most of Open Day we've created a checklist of must-do activities:
- Visit the Information Tent and collect a show bag full of information about the University
- Attend a Course Information Session on the courses you are interested in
- Visit the Academic Expo to talk to staff and students about the courses you are interested in
- Talk to the Admissions and Scholarships staff about how to apply, fees, and available scholarships
- Visit the University of Canberra College stall to find out about alternative entry options
- Visit the staff from our many support units
- Visit any displays or demonstrations that interest you or are related to your course of interest
- Take a campus tour
- Tour the specialty facilities
- Tour the accommodation facilities, or talk to student accommodation staff about various accommodation options
- Talk to current students at the Clubs and Societies Market, enjoy the entertainment, and relax on the University concourse
- Download your personalised course guide
The Big Breakfast
Make UC your first destination on Canberra Tertiary Open Day and enjoy a FREE breakfast from 9am to 10:30am.
All dietary requirements will be catered for.
A Faculty of Arts and Design Scholarship to the value of $5000 will be revealed at the UC Open Day. The Grand Prize will be awarded to the student deemed to have created the best design work across all categories of the competition. Cash prizes for winners of each category will be awarded as well as a People's Choice Award for the 'most voted' entry. All ACT & NSW College students (Years 11 & 12) were invited to enter the Dean's inaugural College Design Competition.
The Faculty of Health invites all ACT and NSW Year 11 and 12 students to create a health promotion video aimed at encouraging a healthier lifestyle in their local community. The entry deemed to be the most likely to achieve success – and the most entertaining – will receive a Health Promotion Prize to the value of $2,600. In addition to this, the school the winning student attends upon submission of the video will receive a cash prize of $3,000! All shortlisted applicants will receive a certificate at the presentation ceremony held on Open Day.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your creative problem solving skills to address a real world problem. To find out about the initiatives the faculty is currently engaged in and the extensive range of courses we offer, please visit our Faculty of Health.
How do I get to UC?
The UC Campus is located in the northern suburb of Bruce. Free parking is available all day and entry points to the campus are off Ginninderra Drive (North), Haydon Drive (East) or College Street (South). ACTION Buses run directly to the University of Canberra regularly. Visit action.act.gov.au to select your route. The campus is located only 5 minutes away from the Belconnen town centre, GIO Stadium Canberra and 10 minutes from Canberra's CBD.