Wishing to Come to UC?
Video presentation by Emma Sturm from Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada, a Study Abroad student at UC in 2009.
Study Abroad or Exchange is your "passport to the world" and an experience that will stay with you for the rest of your life. It is an opportunity to expand your educational horizons; to step outside the boundaries of the expected curriculum and enhance your qualifications with an international perspective.
Study Abroad or Exchange gives you the opportunity to attend the University of Canberra (UC) for one or two semesters while gaining credit and increasing the value of your degree. Study Abroad and Exchange students do not receive an award from UC but receive credit from their home institution for studies successfully completed at UC.
If your university has an Exchange Partnership with UC, you can apply to come to UC on exchange, paying your home university's tuition. You must apply for exchange through your home university's exchange office (or appropriate advisor).
If your university does not have an exchange partnership with UC, you can always come via our study abroad program, paying UC tuition. You should check whether your university has a Study Abroad Agreement with us, or you can apply through an agent or on your own, directly to us.
The University of Canberra is a young vibrant university with a focus on learning and creativity, as well as creating rewarding opportunities and positive outcomes for its students. UC has students from over 80 different countries worldwide. The University of Canberra is located in Australia's capital city, Canberra. Canberra is located just 3 hours from Sydney and 2 hours from the South Coast.
- Two semesters per year commencing in February and August.
- June Short Term programs
- A choice of more than 3000 subjects in a diverse range of disciplines.
- A low student to lecturer ratio meaning smaller online campus class sizes with more personal attention from lecturers and tutors
- A safe, friendly, multicultural environment
- Lecturers that are recognised throughout the world for their excellence in teaching.
- Fantastic social activities & trips planned such as Surf Camp, beach days and Aussie BBQs. We are even offering a NEW program including snorkeling at the Great Barrier Reef and having your photo taken with a koala during the midsemester break!
- An opportunity to learn about the Australian lifestyle and culture without interrupting your studies or career path
- A location where you can enjoy and participate in the authentic Australian lifestyle.
- Free airport/train/bus pick up service on arrival
- Full support from the UC Study Abroad Office for pre-arrival assistance, enrolment, orientation and general advising
Study in Australia
We recommend that you visit the Study Canberra website, created by the Australian Government to advise international students about living and learning in this country.
Follow us on Facebook