Visual Communication and Identity Systems
The Visual Communication and Identity Systems short course will coach students to develop design concepts in visual logo and its application.
Students will create a logo design to communicate brand identity and at the completion of the course students will exhibit their work to industry professionals and international audiences. Through a combination of research, industry visits and collaborative workshops, students will develop a high level understanding of how contemporary communication approach reflected through design. Spend two weeks in Australia and receive full study credit for this unique interactive learning experience.
Visual Communication and Identity Systems
This unit offers you a unique opportunity to explore the evolution of branding communication and visual logo in the global context. The program explores the theories and practice of design principles, design contexts, project brief and applications integrated into full identity systems and an effective branding communication strategy.
|Area of study||Arts and Design, Graphic Design, Visual Communication Design, Media Arts and Production, Advertising, Marketing, Industrial Design, Design|
|Course Outline||Download the full unit outline and program flyer|
Visual Communication and Identity Systems Short Course (3cps)
|Course duration||5 weeks: 3 weeks of online preparation prior to 2 weeks in country on campus (face to face)|
|In Country Course Dates||16th - 30th June 2018|
|Location||Sydney and Canberra|
|Credit||Upon completion of the assessment, the University of Canberra will issue an official academic transcript, the equivalent to 3 university credit points (approximately 1 course/class/module)|
|*Costs||Prices indicated above are for international students. UC domestic students can contact FAD.International@canberra.edu.au for internal pricing.|
Program Sample Itinerary*
Morning: Arrive Sydney; meet and greet; Sydney Tour and familiarisation with city.
Afternoon: Sydney events and tour
Morning: Tour of cultural sites such as the Sydney Opera House or the Powerhouse Museum
Afternoon: Walk through Circular Quay and The Rocks; ferry ride from Opera House to Manly and surrounding Harbour suburbs.
Morning: Tour of cultural sites in Sydney: Darling Harbour, Tumbalong Park, Australian National Maritime Museum
Afternoon: Depart Sydney and arrive at Canberra
Morning: Collaboration workshop – Corporate Branding Analysis
Afternoon: Industry visits
Morning: Design production and presentation
Afternoon: UC Activity
1 day workshop at local studio – Logo Screen Printing
Morning: Branding Communication Strategy
Afternoon: Industry Visits
Morning: Seminar – Branding Applications
Afternoon: Branding Application workshop – Logo Stamping
Morning: Collaboration workshop – Corporate Branding presentation
Afternoon: Design Production for exhibition
Morning: Workshop - Finalising materials for exhibition
Afternoon: Exhibition preparation and display
Morning: Exhibition wrap up, installations removal
Afternoon: Group discussions, reflection on exhibition, post project analysis
Evening: Closing Dinner
Final day of Study Tour
*Itinerary subject to change
|Itinerary is based on face to face course requirements. This course requires an element of online enrolment, research and engagement prior to course commencement|
UC Current Students
Applications NOW OPEN, please submit your application HERE
International Applications open HERE on January 10th, 2018
International Application Deadlines
Open: January 10th, 2018
Close: February 28th, 2018
- Statement of Purpose addressing the following questions:
- Why do you want to participate in the Program?
- What strengths will you bring to the group and the Program itself?
- What are your particular discipline areas of interest that you want to explore/discover?
- English as a Second Language: A letter of English language proficiency from your home university*
- Transcript with current subjects, enrolled units and grades
- Students applying for design programs will need to include a portfolio of some of their works (that were using Adobe Creative Suites; Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign). This should be saved as PDF and be no more than eight (8) pages in length.
- Successfully completed 24 cps or of one year full time study
- This course is conducted in English. An academic level of English language proficiency is required (on all courses)
- Placements will be awarded based on academic merit and written application (on all courses)
- Available for all students of at least the 2nd Year University standing from Arts and Design related disciplines such as Arts and Design, Graphic Design, Visual Communication Design, Media Arts and Production, Advertising, Marketing, Industrial Design
*a letter of language proficiency is not required from students from partner universities from the following countries: Sweden, Portugal, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Italy, France, Switzerland or Germany.
For further information, please contact the UC Study Abroad office: firstname.lastname@example.org