Applications for Semester 2, 2016 are now closed. Applications for Semester 1, 2017 (Feb. - May) will open here on September 1, 2016.
You must access the application through the portal link above. The application link will go live inside the portal during our set application periods.
Before you begin filling in your online application form, be sure to have all of the following required documents and information with you.
If you are an ISEP student, your official documents should be sent directly from ISEP. All other students must meet application requirements and upload the documents listed below:
- Digital copy with English translation (PDF format only*) of all transcripts and qualifications. (stamped or signed by your university for certification)
- Academic Reference (required only if you have a fail grade on your transcript)
- Digital colour copy of your passport (photo & details page) or a recent photo of yourself if you are still waiting on your passport. (PDF format only*)
- Digital typed statement of purpose - no longer than 1 page about why you want to study at the University of Canberra. (PDF format only*)
- Digital certified copy of English Language Proficiency if required. (PDF format only*)
- The name and e-mail address for your exchange advisor or agent (ISEP advisor if you are an ISEP student)
- The address at your university (ISEP address for ISEP students) where your transcript should be sent at the end of the semester.
- Be sure you can find at least 4 classes and 2 back up classes for each semester you plan to study at the University of Canberra . Please use our helpful guide on Choosing Classes at UC. List any classes you absolutely must take at the University of Canberra on your application. You will be sent enrolment instructions by e-mail after you accept your University of Canberra Offer and receive your COE (Confirmation of Enrolment, a document required to obtain your AU visa).
- Decide if you would like to guarantee on campus housing at the University of Canberra and choose which option you want to guarantee. Visit our Accommodation Page to assist you and read the terms and conditions of a guarantee placement at the bottom of the website.
*If you have digital copies of your documents but they are not in PDF format, you may want to download CutePDF, free software for creating PDFs.
** IMPORTANT: Citizens of China and other Assessment Level 3 countries MUST apply by April 1 to give a full 4 months for application and visa processing. It can take 3 months for students from these countries to obtain an Australian visa. These applicants will also be required to fill out a Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) form and GTE form checklist to complete their application. If you fall in this category, please send an e-mail with "URGENT" in the subject line to studyabroad@Canberra.edu.au as soon as you complete your UC application so we can expedite your offer letter.
Important to know
- For best results, please open the application form in Google Chrome or Firefox.
- Please contact our office if you have any questions.
Semester 1 (February - May)
Applications Open: September 1
Applications Close for Assessment Level 3 countries: October 1
Applications Close for all other students: October 31
Semester 2 (August - November)
Applications Open: March 1
Applications Close for Assessment Level 3 countries: April 1
Applications Close for all other students: April 30
Please contact the office if you have any questions.
Visit our after you apply page.