Before you apply
Important to know
- Scholarships are only available for semester 1 commencement.
- Please allow up to 18 weeks to receive your Letter of Offer, organisation of flights and accommodation.
- If you are an international student the Australian Diplomatic Mission in your home country can give you current and detailed information on visa procedures.
- If you are an international student and you require information on the nearest Australian Embassy/Consulate please visit www.diac.gov.au.
Please ensure that you:
- complete all sections of the following forms
- submit all supporting documentation
- have all documents certified.
Submit the following:
- a completed Research Degree Application Form
- your transcripts - including the key to transcript results and testamurs. Provide both the original language and the English translation from a certified translator
- a research proposal that is no more than 2 pages long
- 2 x Research Degree Referees
- your CV
- names of potential supervisors
- proof of English Language Proficiency, either proof of tertiary study in English or Academic IELTS or TOEFL score (if you are an international student).
Submit your application:
Research Students' Office
University of Canberra, ACT, 2601
|Research Degree||Semester 1 start||Semester 1 start|
|Doctor of Philosophy||31 October||31 May|
|Professional Doctorate||31 October||31 May|
|Master by Research||31 October||31 May|
Faculty of Business, Government and Law
- Semester 2 start - submit applications by 31 January
- Semester 1 start - submit applications by 31 July
If you are an international student and you want to:
- apply for a Professional Doctorate or Master by Research, you can do so throughout the year, to commence study at the start of the semester.
- apply for a scholarship, you need to submit applications before 31 October.