Print this page

International applications

To make sure our international students get the most out of their UC experience there are a number of additional requirements to know about before you apply.

All applicants wishing to study at UC must meet the English proficiency requirements for entry to their desired course. There are many ways that you can meet our English proficiency requirements, so before you apply, check to see your eligibility and what we will require of you by visiting our English proficiency information page.

If you need extra help with your English proficiency, the UCC English Language Centre (UCCELC) offers English preparation courses. Visit UCCELC's information page for more information.

When applying to study at UC, international applicants should include the following supporting documents along with their application:

  • certified copies of all relevant academic transcripts and award certificates from all your complete or incomplete study
  • evidence of your English proficiency level (if applicable)
  • evidence of your work experience in the form of a current resume and statements of employment which should be an official document from your employer outlining your job title, responsibilities and duration of employment (if applicable)
  • subject or unit outlines from your previous study (if you are seeking credit or advanced standing into your UC course)

If your documents are under a previous name, we will require official evidence of your change of name.

If your documents are not in English, we will require certified translations in addition to copies of your original documents.

The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) requires all international students who will be under 18 years of age when entering Australia on a student visa, to have appropriate accommodation, support and welfare arrangements in place. When you apply for a student visa, you will need to provide evidence that you will be living with a parent, custodian or relative, or that the University has approved your care arrangements.

For more information on your requirements, visit the Under 18 Students information page or read and complete the Welfare Arrangements for Under 18s form as part of your application.

Ready to apply?

Once you have read all the important information and have your documentation ready, you can apply online.

If you have any questions before you submit your application, email

Once you have submitted an online application, any enquiries can be submitted directly by logging into your application.