You may be eligible
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander student, there are a number of financial assistance schemes, scholarships and loan options available to help you cover the costs associated with studying.
Australian Government assistance
- ABSTUDY is for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and helps with the costs of studying.
- You should submit your claim for ABSTUDY via Centrelink as soon as possible.
- You can also register an intent to claim ABSTUDY. This will help you receive your payments from the earliest possible date.
- You may be able to claim ABSTUDY over the phone by calling Centrelink 13 23 17
Scholarships and prizes
- There are a number of scholarships and Australian government scholarships available to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.