Wilcock, Adj. Prof. Ann
Adjunct Professor, Occupational Therapy
Faculty of Health
Address: PO Box 233 Normanville SA 5204
Telephone: (08) 8558 2625
Ann studied occupational therapy at the Derby School graduating in 1961. Following many years working as a clinician in a range of fields she moved into academia and in 1987 became Head of the School of Occupational Therapy at what is now the University of South Australia. She embraced occupational science at the time of her studies towards her PhD in Public Health in which she researched the relationship between occupation and health. Ann’s academic career culminated as Professor of Occupational Science and Therapy at Deakin University along with appointments as Adjunct Professor at Dalhousie University, Canada and Charles Sturt University.
- 1996 Doctor of Philosophy , University of Adelaide
- 1996 Graduate Diploma in Public Health, University of Adelaide
- 1987 Bachelor of Applied Science Occupational Therapy, South Australian Institute of Technology, Adelaide (now University of South Australia)
- 1961 Diploma of Occupational Therapy, Derby School of Occupational Therapy, United Kingdom (now University of Derby)
- Wilcock AA. 2007. Active Ageing, dream or reality. New Zealand Journal of Occupational Therapy.54(1), 15-20.
- Courtney M, Wilcock AA. 2005. In Practice. The Deakin Experience: Using national competency standards to drive undergraduate education. Australian Occupational Therapy Journal. 52 (4) 360-362.
- Wilson L, Wilcock AA. 2005. Occupational Balance – What tips the scales for new students? British Journal of Occupational Therapy. July 68(7): 319-3.
- Wilcock AA. 2006. An Occupational Perspective of Health: Second Edition. Thorofare, N.J.: Slack Inc.
- Stadnyk RL, Townsend EA, Wilcock AA. (2010). Occupational Justice. Chapter 13 in: Christiansen C, Townsend E, eds. Introduction to Occupation: The Art and Science of Living. 2nd edition. Upper Saddle River, NJ. Pearson Education, Inc.
- Wilcock AA. (2010). Population Health: An Occupational Rationale. In: Scaffa M, Reitz M, & Pizzi M, eds. Occupational Therapy in the Promotion of Health and Wellness. FA Davis.
- Wilcock AA, Townsend E. (2009). Occupational Justice. In: Willard and Spackman's Occupational Therapy 11th edition. Philadelphia: Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins.
- Wilcock AA. (2005). Relationship of Occupation to Health and Well-Being. Chapter 7 in: Christiansen C, Baum C, eds. Occupational Therapy: Enabling Function and Well-Being. 3rd edition. Thorofare, NJ: Slack Inc.
- Wilcock AA. (2005). Older people and occupational justice. Chapter 2 in: McIntye A & Atwal A, eds. Occupational Therapy and Older people. Blackwell Publishing.
- 2007 Roll of Honor: Terapeuta Ocupacional Journal (TOG) Spain
- 2005 Honorary Professor, Deakin University, Australia
- 2004 Honorary Fellow of Brunel University, UK
- 2003 Honorary Doctor of the University of Derby, UK
Fellow of the British Association and College of Occupational Therapists
- 2000 Thelma Cardwell Lectureship, Canada
- 1999 Sylvia Docker Lectureship, OTAustralia
Doris Sym Memorial Lectureship, Glasgow Caledonian University
- 1995 Wilma West Lectureship, University of Southern California, United States