How to Apply: Student Exchange
To apply for an exchange placement you must
- Application: Complete your application for the UC Exchange Program. S1 2018 Exchange Applications open from June 2nd 2017- Start Your Application Process now (Chrome or Firefox).
* Please note: Once registered you are able to log in multiple times to complete your application before submission
- Course advice: Please contact your relevant faculty for an updated course map, you will need to bring this to your interview
- Supporting Documents: Upload the following information as part of your online application
a. Your official transcript (this can be requested here)
b. Passport sized photo or photocopy of your passport
- Academic Reference: Contact your academic referee to fill out the Academic Reference Form
Exchange Applications for S1 2018 are now closed. Please contact the UC Study Abroad Office to enquire about late applications.
*After submitting a completed application form you will be invited to attend an interview with a UC Study Abroad team member. Only applications that have completed the above 4 steps will be considered.
Semester 1 Exchange
- Applications Open: June 2nd
- Applications Close (First round offers – All destinations): June 30th
- 2nd Round Applications Close (last round offers– Check my university preference chance of placement for 2nd round offers.): July 15th
Semester 2 Exchange
- Applications Open: Friday 24th November
- Applications Close (First round offers): December 20th
- Applications Close (2nd round offers– Check my university preference chance of placement for 2nd round offers): 1st February
Student Exchange Placements
Choosing your Placement Preferences
- Students may only choose one institution under restricted chance of placement (as a first choice only).
- Students may only choose one institutions under limited chance of placement.
- Students must choose a minimum of two institutions under fair chance of placement.
- Students DO NOT have to choose a restricted institution - but if they do, it MUST be their first preference.
- Students may ONLY choose two USA institutions. If students wish to choose more institutions in the USA they must select ISEP
- Students must choose a minimum of 4 placements in total.
- Your dream destination/ university isn't listed?
ISEP help us send students to non-partner institutions all over the world. Please check ISEP destinations here.
Check my university preference chance of placement.
- Students awarded an exchange placement are selected on the quality of their application, interview and academic results.
- You will be notified by your student email address if you have been selected for an interview and if you have been selected into the program.
- Students selected to study on exchange must attend compulsory briefings and a pre departure meeting at UC. Failure to attend these meetings will jeopardise your exchange placement.
- Once selected into the program you are required to complete an application form for your host university.
- Acceptance from your host university is required to confirm your exchange placement.
- The exchange application process is extensive and time consuming, and requires an ability to meet deadlines and attend scheduled meetings.
- The UC student exchange program will assist you with obtaining a placement with a host university and provide you with information and assistance required to organise your exchange overseas.
- But remember you are responsible for obtaining your student visa to your host country, arranging your travel and organising your finances and personal needs.
It is your responsibility to contact the UC Study Abroad office if you have any doubts about your eligibility requirements. If you need to cancel your application or placement, you must notify us in writing at email@example.com and your appeal for a refund will be assessed dependent on compassionate or extraneous circumstances (such as a death of a family member, accident or injury or other reasons as submitted and evidenced by you).