How to Apply: Student Exchange
To apply for an exchange placement you must
- Course advice: Please contact your relevant faculty for an updated course map/study plan. You will need to have done this before applying.
- Application: Complete your application for the UC Exchange Program.
* Please note: You will need to complete your application in one sitting as you are unable to save progress.
If you are having difficulties with the application process or you have any questions regarding your semester abroad, please call us on 6201 5385 (Mon.-Fri., 10am-3pm)
*After submitting a completed application form you will be invited to attend an interview with a UC Study Abroad team member. Only applications that have completed the above 3 steps will be considered.
Semester 1 Exchange
- Applications Open: April 27th
- Applications Close (First round offers – All destinations): May 25th
- 2nd Round Applications Close (last round offers– Check my university preference chance of placement for 2nd round offers.): August 10th
Semester 2 Exchange
- Applications Open: October 15th
- Applications Close (First round offers): November 30th
- Applications Close (2nd round offers– Check my university preference chance of placement for 2nd round offers): February 1st
Student Exchange Placements
Choosing your Placement Preferences
- Students may choose any institutions for their preferences, however try to include at least one preference with a "Fair Chance" of placement as failure to do so may restrict or prevent your ability to be placed.
- It is a Students responsibility to ensure that the selected preferences are suitable for their area of study and individual study plan.
- Students must choose up to 4 placements in total.
- You may be placed at any of your selected preferences, if you do not wish to be placed at a university please do not list it as a preference.
- If you list less than 4 preferences this may impact on our ability to place you for exchange.
- Your dream destination/ university isn't listed?
ISEP help us send students to non-partner institutions all over the world. Please check ISEP destinations here.
Check my university preference chance of placement.
- Students awarded an exchange placement are selected on the quality of their application, interview and academic results.
- You will be notified by your student email address if you have been selected to proceed to the next stage of interviews and if you have been selected into the program.
- Students selected to study on exchange must attend compulsory briefings and pre departure meetings at UC. Failure to attend these meetings will jeopardise your exchange placement.
- Once selected into the program you are required to complete an application form for your host university.
- Acceptance from your host university is required to confirm your exchange placement.
- The exchange application process is extensive and time consuming, and requires an ability to meet deadlines and attend scheduled meetings.
- The UC student exchange program will assist you with obtaining a placement with a host university and provide you with information and assistance required to organise your exchange overseas.
- Remember you are responsible for obtaining your student visa to your host country, arranging your travel and organising your finances and personal needs.
It is your responsibility to contact the UC Study Abroad office if you have any doubts about your eligibility requirements. If you need to cancel your application or placement, you must notify us in writing at email@example.com and your appeal for a refund will be assessed dependent on compassionate or extraneous circumstances (such as a death of a family member, accident or injury or other reasons as submitted and evidenced by you).