How to Apply: Short Term Programs
AIM & INDEPENDENT SHORT TERM PROGRAMS
AIM Overseas and Independent Short Course Application Steps
1. Seek approval from your relevant faculty course convenor or course advisor for recognition of credit to participate in the program by completing a Course Credit Transfer Agreement (CCTA) (PDF, 74.95 KB). You may need to supply the program syllabus to them for review.
2. Fill out a UC Study Abroad Short Course Registration Form (please use Chrome or Firefox).
3. Apply for your course directly through the course provider.
4. Please email your CCTA and confirmation of short course registration to Studyabroad@canberra.edu.au. Alternatively, we would love to see you, so you can also provide a copy of both your completed CCTA and Short Course Registration form to the Study Abroad Office so that you can receive credit at UC for your overseas studies.
5. Once accepted (received official acceptance letter from Host University) you may apply for OS HELP if eligible. Please note that you must complete all previous steps before applying for OS-Help.
6. The UC Study Abroad office does not recommend booking flights or seeking visas until the host university provides your official acceptance.
7. Prior to departing for your program you will be required to attend a mandatory pre-departure session run by the UC Study Abroad office to assist in preparing you for your overseas trip. Details will be provided closer to the time.
8. Following completion of program bring original transcript to UC Study Abroad office to have your credits processed.
AIM Overseas - Fashion Event and PR, Florence
"Going on the Fashion Events and PR program really helped me not only develop as an individual, but also as a better person in the workplace and at university. Meeting new people and experiencing a massive change in culture and way of learning was for me, definitely a good way to get out there and experience what life has to offer. One major highlight for me was being taught by professionals and people who knew so much and had a massive background in events and PR."
- Jemma Mrdak, 2013
AIM Overseas - Cambridge Summer School
"The 2011 Cambridge Summer Schools program was one of the most rewarding and beneficial experiences of my life! I participated in the Science program and undertook the units of Social Psychology and Intelligence: What do Animals Think About? The classes were informative, interactive and amazing fun. Experiencing university life in another country is something I now believe every undergraduate should experience! Taking a leap and trusting yourself and your abilities is a huge asset for any student. My only woe is that I can't go back next year as I will have finished my undergraduate studies! So I encourage anybody who is interested to get on board and try a Summer Schools Study Abroad program!"
- Courtney Patricia Reis, 2011
* Cancellation Policy
Please consider carefully when applying for an AIM or Independent Short Course Program, as you are committing your application to an outside provider. If you need to cancel your participation, you will need to contact the provider directly. Please also inform the UC Study Abroad office so that we can note your intentions. Any terms and conditions agreed to, fees paid, etc. will be subject to the providers cancellation policy. Therefore, it is imperative that students are familiar with the providers conditions when applying for the program and accepting the place to study/participate.