Print this page

How to Register: Independent Short Programs

1. Visit the UC Study Abroad Office for information on how to seek approval from your relevant faculty, course convener or course advisor for recognition of credit to participate in the program. We find it best to meet in person in order to prepare you for requesting your course credit transfer agreement (CCTA).

2. Fill out a UC Study Abroad Short Course Registration Form indicating which program you plan to apply for (please use Chrome or Firefox).

3. Apply for your course directly through the course provider.

4. Please email your CCTA and confirmation of short course registration to Alternatively, we would love to see you, so you can also provide a copy of both your completed CCTA and Short Course Registration form to the Study Abroad Office so that you can receive credit at UC for your overseas studies.

5. Once you have received you official acceptance from the Host University you may apply for OS HELP if eligible. Please note that you must complete all previous steps before applying for OS-Help.

Important Information to Note

* The UC Study Abroad office recommends you do not book flights or apply for visas until the Host University provides your official acceptance.

* Prior to departing for your program you will be required to attend a mandatory pre-departure session run by the UC Study Abroad office to assist in preparing you for your overseas trip. Details will be provided closer to the time.

* Following completion of program bring original transcript to UC Study Abroad office to have your credits processed.

* Please remember when applying for an Independent Short Program, as you are committing your application to an outside provider.  If you need to cancel your participation, you will need to contact the provider directly. Any terms and conditions agreed to, fees paid, etc. will be subject to the providers cancellation policy. Therefore, it is imperative that students are familiar with the providers conditions when applying for the program and accepting the place to study/participate.

Student & Staff Login

Student Login Staff Login