Work Integrated Learning Financial Assistance Program
The University of Canberra (UC), with financial support of the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) and Higher Education Participation and Partnerships Program (HEPPP), offers financial support to students undertaking work integrated learning (WIL) placements as part of your degree. The financial assistance program recognises that you may need to purchase professional attire, pay for additional childcare, parking and travel costs, accommodation, or take leave from a current job.
This program aims to assist you to successfully engage in your placements (domestic and international) and encourages the growth of WIL placements outside of the ACT region. The program will open twice each Semester, and applications will be assessed by a panel of UC representatives.
This program is in addition to the Pharmacy Guild of Australia (PGA) funding scheme and replaces the previous SSAF funded (2017/18) WIL Bursary program.
To be eligible to apply for the WIL Financial Assistance Program:
- You must be enrolled in a course of study with an endorsed professional placement or internship
You will not be eligible* to apply for WIL Financial Assistance Program if:
- You are already in receipt of other placement related scholarship (i.e. Pharmacy Guild of Australia, New Colombo Plan)
Terms and Conditions
- If the placement does not eventuate or is cancelled, you will be liable to return the granted assistance to University of Canberra through prescribed payment method.
- In applying for this WIL Financial Assistance Program you agree to being contacted by UC for media story purposes.
|Financial Assistance Range||Eligible Amount||Criteria|
|I||$250||Placement requiring travel outside of the ACT, where students can demonstrate the need for support (Usually less than 750km return, with no accommodation expenses)|
|II||$700 - $900||Placement requiring significant travel and/or accommodation outside of ACT $700 - $900 (750km +)|
|III||$1,000||UAC guidelines for equity scholarships will be used to determine eligibility for this payment range.|
Please make sure you have a confirmed WIL placement of at least one week. You must show evidence of this placement with one of the following documents:
- Employer letter accepting your placement
- Email confirmation from an employer
- Placement allocation record from InPlace (this can be a screenshot of the record)
Please check your MyUC portal for application opening dates. The second round of application is open now from Monday 3 September 2018 and will close on Sunday 14 October 2018.
How to Apply
You will need to provide a written submission indicating how the financial assistance will help you successfully complete your placement and help you have a great placement experience. To apply, you will need to log onto CareerHUB.
If you are applying for Financial Assistance Range III, you are required to demonstrate educational disadvantage within the ambit of UAC Guidelines and provide appropriate supporting documentation in your application.
Please note: All decisions made by the panel are final. There will be no appeals process for the WIL Financial Assistance Program. This is why it is vital you provide ALL the necessary information into your application, so the panel can make an informed decision.
Pharmacy Guild of Australia (PGA) – Rural Pharmacy Student Placement Allowance
You may be eligible for Pharmacy Guild of Australia (PGA) funding if you are:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor Pharmacy or Masters of Pharmacy.
- Undertaking placements in any part of Australia in an eligible PhARIA2+ setting (refers to classification of remoteness required for PGA support).
- Attending placement of 1+ week duration
- An Australian citizen or a permanent resident
Please note: As with all student forms, you will need to be logged into MyUC for the form to work correctly
WIL Financial Assistance Program
T: +61 2 6201 2660
L: 1C42 above the Refectory in Building 1
Pharmacy Guild of Australia WIL Bursaries
T: +61 2 6201 5376
L: Student Central, Building 1, Level B
Opening Hours: 10:00AM- 1:00PM Monday to Thursday