Welcome to the Multi-faith Centre
"When someone really hears you without passing judgement on you, without trying to take responsibility for you, without trying to mould you, it feels damn good. It is astonishing how problems that seem insoluble become soluble when someone listens. How confusions that seem irremediable turn into relatively clear flowing streams when one is heard."
Carl Rogers, an American psychologist.
The Multi-faith Centre Chaplaincy team offers support to all staff and students. Support is provided in a safe and confidential environment, about any personal, spiritual or professional issues being faced.
The Multi-faith Centre is a facility for:
- Worship, practice and continuing education in religious traditions.
- Education in multi-faith living.
- Working together for understanding, peace and harmony.
- Modelling religious tolerance and dialogue.
- Service to the University community forming links with the local community.
The Multi-faith Centre acknowledges the following principles:
- Actively acknowledging and encouraging development of individual spirituality as a part of our common humanity.
- Recognition of the reality of religious pluralism, and the multi-faith and multi-cultural nature of Australian society.
- Respect for the rights of participants of their own religious traditions and practices.
- Promotion of dialogue between people of different religions, faiths and philosophies.
- Working cooperatively towards a fair and just society - locally, nationally and globally.