Print this page

Changing Course or Provider?

If you are an international student who wants to change your course at UC or move to a different education provider, you will need to read the information below carefully for detailed instructions.

International students who wish to change to a different course at UC must submit an online Current Student Change of Course Form - International.

The application will be assessed against all of the entry requirements. If you are successful, you will be sent a new offer letter. You will need to sign and return the Acceptance Declaration on your offer letter by email to the Admissions Office before you can enrol into your new course.

Once your acceptance has been approved, you will be sent a new Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE). The University will notify the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) of the changes to your enrolment.

Internationals students who wish to transfer to a different education provider need to meet specific criteria to be eligible.

  • If you have completed 6 or more months of your principal course at UC, you do not need a release letter to move to another education provider
  • If you have studied less than 6 months of your principal course at UC, you will need to apply for a Release Letter before you can move to another education provider

To apply for a Release Letter you must submit:

  • an online Release Letter Request Form; and
  • a copy of an offer letter from another registered provider at the same or higher Australian Qualification Level (AQF); and
  • a statement of reasons, outlining why you are seeking release from your principal UC course, and any relevant certified documentation substantiating your reasoning