Examinations and Results
This page is updated regularly. Please ensure you clear your browser's cache to ensure the updated version is loaded.
Winter Term, 2018 Examination Period
Includes Semester 1, 2018 Deferred Exams
Monday 23 July 2018 to Saturday 4 August 2018
These dates include approved Supplementary Exams Requests since last examination period.
Monday 2 July 2018 after 3pm
|Released||myUC Student Portal|
Includes your exam date, time, location and permitted materials;All UC-Bruce students, not including students registered with Inclusion and Engagement (see below);
|Monday 2 July 2018 after 3pm||Released||UC email|
UC-Bruce students registered with Inclusion and Engagement only;
Includes exam date, time, permitted materials and details of reasonable adjustments.
Note: UC Bruce students only. Students from UC College, UC-Melb, UC-Bris, UC-GC, SWSI, NSI, HKBU, please contact your campus student administration office from Monday 2 July 2018.
Students may access their personal timetable by the following steps:
|Go to the myUC Student Portal (see top right hand corner of this page)|
|Log in using your normal myUC credentials|
|Click on the 'Exams & Results' tab|
|Click on 'Exam Timetable' (on the left)|
|Your personal exam timetable will appear (scroll down to the very bottom of the page)|
Once the personalised exam timetable is released, please check this against the full exams listing to ensure none of your exams have been missed in your timetable.
You can find the full list of examinable units as arranged by the Exams Office at https://www.canberra.edu.au/current-students/canberra-students/examinations-and-results/examinable-units.
If your exam in the Gym or Building 24, the seating schematic can be found here.
Examination timetable and seating allocation
- Your seating allocation is available from your MyUC site under exams and results/ exam timetable.
- If you are unable to access your MyUC timetable please contact the Exams Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02 6201 2266.
- Exams for your unit may run in more than one venue so allow enough time to find where you will be sitting. Please show up to the location and check the lists put up outside of the venue for your student ID and seat allocation. If your UC ID is not on the list you will need to go to the Exam Office in the venue and ask the venue manager to look up your seat allocation, please remember to bring your student ID card with you. You will not be allowed into the exam if your identity can not be validated.
Important details that need to be read and understood
- Students are required to be available for the whole duration of the examination including Saturdays.
- Misreading the examination timetable will not be accepted as a reason for failing to attend an examination.
- You are required to arrive at least 30 minutes before your published start time. This is to ensure you are seated and ready to commence at the published start time. No extra time is given to late arrivers.
- It is not advisable for students who have medical documentation for illness to sit the main examination as no special consideration will be given once you have attempted the examination and you will not be given an opportunity to re-sit. You should read the information on Deferred Examinations regarding eligibility criteria. Please note that for deferred examinations, there is no further deferment available through the Exams Office. For further information on Deferred Examinations refer to: Deferred Examinations
Exam Session Start Times
Main Exams for Semesters 1 and 2
and Deferred Exams for Winter Term
Main Exams for Winter Term,
Deferred Exams for Semesters 1 and 2
|9.00am (no admission into the exam after 9:30am)||9.00am (no admission into the exam after 9:30am).|
|12.30pm (no admission into the exam after 1:00pm)||2.00pm (no admission into the exam after 2:30pm)|
|5.00pm (no admission into the exam after 5:30pm)|
Note: no extra time will be given to any late arriving students
Conditions of Entry into Exam Venue
- All students must have a current, signed University of Canberra ID card (with a valid photograph) to enter an examination room.
- Electronic devices such as mobile phones, laptops or Hand Held Computers, Dictionaries, iPods, MP3 Players, Smart watches etc. are not permitted to be used.
- Students found with mobile phone/s on their person during any examination will be subject to action under the Student Misconduct Rules.
- Any candidate found with unauthorised material, notes or equipment will be subject to action under the Student Misconduct Rules.
- Students are advised not to bring valuables into the examination room and that if they do, they do at their own risk. The Examinations Office will not be held responsible for any items lost.
- Students to remain silent unless communicating with an exam invigilator or Exam Staff
Exam Clashes under UC policy
While all due care is taken to avoid exam clashes for each student, if a student discovers a clash (two exams scheduled at the same time) they should contact the Examinations Office immediately on (02) 6201 2266.The Examinations Office will arrange for one of these exams to be rescheduled during the exam period. The number of consecutive exams allowable under UC policy is as follows:
- A student must have not more than three exams in a row (consecutively) and no more than two exams on any given day**.
- *Three exams in a row are deemed to be:
- A mid-session exam followed by a late session exam followed by an early-session exam the next day, or
- A late- session exam followed by early and mid-session exams the next day.
- **Two exams in one day are classified as either two exams in row e.g.: an early session exam and a mid-session exam or they can be separated by a session e.g.: an early session exam and a late session exam.
- If a student exam load exceeds these rules the student should contact the Examinations Office immediately to have one of the exams rescheduled.
Alternative Exam Arrangements
Inclusion and Engagement?
Modifications to examination arrangements can only be arranged for students who have registered with and been assessed by the Office of Inclusion and Engagement as requiring alternative arrangements. UC Inclusion and Engagement can be contacted by emailing Inclusion@canberra.edu.au or telephone: 02 6201 5233. Students who have a valid and current Reasonable Adjustment Plan for exams will receive their personalised exam timetable via UC email.
For further information refer Inclusion and Engagement.
Elite Athlete Program
Students who have registered with the Welfare Office under the Elite Athlete program may be eligible for alternative exam arrangements. Should you have any questions regarding eligibility and criteria, please see http://www.canberra.edu.au/current-students/canberra-students/student-support/student-welfare/elite-athletes-at-uc. If you are already registered, contact email@example.com for queries regarding your exam timetable. Students approved for alternative exam arrangements will receive their personalised exam timetable via UC email.
For help and advice on study skills, you should also refer to the Study Skills website for details of face-to-face and online study help programs to assist you in your exam preparations please see: http://www.canberra.edu.au/current-students/canberra-students/student-support/study-skills.
Off-campus and/or Overseas exams
Please note that the UC Exams Office does not arrange exams for UC-Bruce students to sit their exams off-campus and/or overseas.
2018 Examination Periods
|Academic Year||Academic Period||Exam Cohort||Dates|
|2018||Semester 1||Main||14 May - 26 May 2018|
|2018||Semester 1||Deferred||23 Jul - 4 Aug 2018|
|2018||Winter Term||Main||23 Jul - 4 Aug 2018|
|2018||Winter Term||Deferred||6 Nov - 17 Nov 2018|
|2018||Semester 2||Main||6 Nov - 17 Nov 2018|
|2018||Semester 2||Deferred||28 Jan - 2 Feb 2019|