Current Research Students
Welcome to Graduate Research at UC
For useful information about our HDR courses, UC HDR support systems, Researcher Development, milestone requirements and key contacts in the faculties and around the University, download the 'Welcome to Graduate Research at UC' booklet by clicking on the image below (accessible PDF):
Information for current Higher Degree Researchers and their supervisors
These pages provide key information for Higher Degree by Research students and their supervisors, including:
- Orientation for new students
- Information on making changes to candidature (e.g. leave, changing your panel) and on accessing RGrad - UC's information portal for managing your candidature
- Academic milestone requirements, including annual progress reporting and Confirmation of Candidature
- Forms required by research students
- Information on thesis submission and examination
- HDR policies, procedures and guidelines for HDR students and their supervisors
- Current students can apply for Research Scholarships in any year
Research skill development programs
The Researcher Development Program: UC ReD has been developed to support Higher Degree Researchers and Early Career academics' development as researchers. It includes:
- a Workshop program
- an online site full of resources: the Researcher Development Program online
- a list of Generic Skills researchers are expected to achieve and what they may mean in practice.
Respectful Supervisory Relationships
The University supports the Principles for Respectful Supervisory Relationships, developed jointly by Universities Australia, the National Tertiary Education Union, the Council of Australian Postgraduate Associations and the Australian Council of Graduate Research.
The Principles provide universities with high level guidance on matters such as sexual relationships and sexual assault and harassment, and have been developed to protect the safety and wellbeing of both students and university staff.
See here for more information.