Literary Studies: Popular Fiction (9990.1)
|Level:||Undergraduate First Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Creative and Cultural Practice|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (178785) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (149633) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will provide students with the opportunity to read and critically engage with popular genre fiction such as crime fiction, speculative fiction and emerging forms of popular narrative. It focuses on commercially successful literature, its content, production and marketing.
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate in written and oral forms their understanding of the common stylistic and narrative tropes associated with some popular genres of literature such as crime and speculative fiction as well as the production and marketing of these genres; and
2. Demonstrate in oral and written form the application of knowledge and critical skills in relation to one or more genres of popular fiction.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2016
3 hours as: Either 1 Lecture + 1 x 2 hour workshop per week (on campus) OR 1 Lecture (online, recorded) + 2 hours online engagement with flexible activity offerings per week. OR Intensive mode: 1 Lecture (online recorded) plus 2 hours of online engagement per week.
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 111JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 984AA Bachelor of Writing