Linguistics for Educators (9882.2)
|Level:||Undergraduate First Year Level|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182657) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (170617) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (170618) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (156433) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (149430) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit provides an understanding of how language is acquired and what the underlying linguistic features of Standard Australian English (SAE) are. Knowing and understanding how language is learned and what SAEs underlying grammatical features are, assists future educators to analyse and develop appropriate literacy teaching strategies.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to demonstrate the ability to analyse the underlying features of language for educational purposes by knowing and demonstrating an understanding of:
1. How L1 and L2 oral language is learned;
2. The underlying grammatical structures of SAE: Phonetics, phonology, morphology, semantics and syntax; and
3. Language in society and educational environments.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Winter Term, 2017
- Semester 1, 2017
1 hour lecture and 2 x 1 hour tutorials/workshops and 9.5 hours reading/online work per week.
Year 12 SAE grammar.