Human Development (9875.2)
|Level:||Undergraduate First Year Level|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182665) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (170615) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (170614) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (148787) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (162240) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to theories and research related to human development across the lifespan comprising physical, social, emotional and cognitive development. The unit explores how learning and behaviour is explained by development, how the study of human development is interdisciplinary and how development is interrelated and dynamic.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Evaluate and critique developmental theories and research that emerges from those theories;
2. Describe key aspects of physical, social, emotional and cognitive development through the life span; and
3. Present knowledge and ideas about human development effectively and communicate within and across professional boundaries.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2017
- Winter Term, 2017
2 x 1.5 hours per week workshops and 3 x hours per week reading and online. 8 x hours per week Human Development Symposium Preparation.