English Literacy for Educators (9871.3)
|Level:||Undergraduate Second Year Level|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (170613) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (170612) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (163259) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (162228) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit allows students to further develop literacy skills established in Core Literacy and Linguistics for Educators. There is a focus on appreciating, analysing, evaluating and creating texts for use in the classroom. Students will also apply personal literacy skills to demonstrate a robust theoretical perspective on literacy learning and teaching in the digital age.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify and articulate a range of theoretical perspectives on literacy learning;
2. Understand the importance of using a variety of texts as part of an effective literacy program;
3. Apply the Four Resources Model to critique written, spoken and multimodal texts in print and digital/online forms; and
4. Use a range of information and communication technologies (ICT) to effectively communicate understanding and knowledge of literacy teaching and learning to families, parents and other stakeholders.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2017
- Winter Term, 2017
3 hours per week.
9882 Linguistics for Educators AND
9863 Core Literacy.