Context of the Education Profession (9862.1)
|Level:||Undergraduate First Year Level|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166324) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (174116) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (148773) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The unit provides an introduction to the individual and collective understandings of the education profession. It supports students' in planning and preparing for their professional life by providing a framework that investigates the knowledge, skills and insights necessary to be an active and engaged participant in the journey towards graduation and beyond. Students will examine the context of the education profession from multiple perspectives - the individual, the local, the national and the global educator - and consider the implications for their professional career.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Create a plan to demonstrate key skills, attitudes and abilities needed to facilitate their successful study experience towards graduation;
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the characteristics that denote the variety of contexts constituting the Australian education profession; and
3. Knowledgably and accurately write about issues of global importance to the education profession.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2017
- Winter Term, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
3 hours per week.