Research and Professional Practice Part B (9814.1)
|Level:||Undergraduate Third Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2018 Winter Term MR Charles MOUNTIFIELD (Ph: ) INTERNPLCE 2018 Semester 2 MR Charles MOUNTIFIELD (Ph: ) INTERNPLCE 2019 Winter Term MR Charles MOUNTIFIELD (Ph: ) INTERNPLCE 2019 Semester 2 MR Charles MOUNTIFIELD (Ph: ) INTERNPLCE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2017, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (164366) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (164562) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This flagship unit is a continuation of Research and Professional Practice Part A and provides the student with an opportunity to produce a major project in an area of interest related to their discipline of study and gain professional experience with an appropriate organisation. Students will be involved in a research based project completed in an area of interest or on behalf of an industry body. The project will take the form of a discipline specific research study.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Source and critically appraise research in an identified industry research field;
2. Design and execute a research project to a professional standard acceptable in their field of study;
3. Communicate the results of an independent research project in a form acceptable to the field of study; and
4. Gain professional experience in an active role with an appropriate organisation.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2017
- Winter Term, 2017
4 hours per week.
Successful completion of 48 credit points OR discretion of unit convenor.
8185 Sport Research and Practice Part A AND
8186 Sport Research and Practice Part B AND
8183 Special Sport Studies Part A AND
8184 Special Sport Studies Part B.
- 266JA Bachelor of Exercise Physiology and Rehabilitation
- 275JA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science
- 274JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science
- 276JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Human Nutrition
- 277JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 278JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Sports Management
- 688AA Bachelor of Sports Management