Overseas Study in Design & Architecture UG (9770.2)
|Level:||Undergraduate Third Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Built Environment and Design|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2018 Winter Term DR Milica MUMINOVIC (Ph: +61 2 62012250 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Winter Term, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (177718) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164923) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (162628) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (147485) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit provides an opportunity for students of design or architecture to undertake an overseas study program. The type of study program chosen will vary but examples may include a university-led structured tour or an invitation for a work placement or internship at an internationally recognised design or architecture practice. Alternatively, the Unit Convener may approve a private study tour. Assessment may include an individual or joint design submission before a jury panel, a formal submission of a previously agreed written or graphic portfolio, and/or a presentation to studio. Entry is subject to approval by the Study Abroad office and the Course Convener. Students may be eligible to apply for financial assistance through OS-Help loans (assuming they have obtained at least 24 credit points toward their degree) and Government grants where applicable e.g. the Colombo Plan.
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. demonstrate a broad international perspective on elements of their design discipline;
2. utilise learning opportunities in a distinctive cultural setting;
3. analytically evaluate their experience; and
4. work individually or in groups to communicate their overseas experience with confidence and clarity.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Winter Term, 2018
- Winter Term, 2017
- Winter Term, 2016
3 hours per week or equivalent Intensive units (eg WIT) may require more contact hours per week.
Permission of Course Convener or Head of Discipline. Obtained at least 24 credit points toward a degree.