Design Communications (9769.2)
|Level:||Undergraduate Second Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Built Environment and Design|
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2017 Semester 1 Dr Ross MCLENNAN (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2018 Semester 1 Dr Ross MCLENNAN (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2017 Semester 1 MS Erin HINTON (Ph: +61 2 62012579 ) ON-CAMPUS 2017 Winter Term MISS Lyn NORTON (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2018 Semester 1 MS Erin HINTON (Ph: +61 2 62012579 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Winter Term, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164929) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (165390) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165391) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (162634) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154240) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (148728) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (147160) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit aims to provide students with knowledge of digital 3D modelling as a tool with which to develop and represent architectural design. Students will be introduced to a range of key software techniques and concepts, including key procedural approaches to constructing and manipulating form and space. Students will also be introduced to advanced techniques in 3D modelling software (BIM), using the digital environment as a means through which to understand detailed 3D form and systems. The unit explores advanced techniques of 3D modelling; integrating lighting solutions, material application and other techniques appropriate for architectural design.
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Relate a range of specific software concepts and techniques to the appropriate stages and outputs of geometric modelling;
2. Apply specific software tools and techniques for creative expression in a conceptual design context;
3. Apply digital 3D methodologies to the development of design solutions; and
4. Demonstrate design intentions using digitally produced 3D imagery and models.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Winter Term, 2017
- Semester 1, 2017
- Winter Term, 2016
- UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
3 hours per week
8322 Visual Representation and 8330 Digital Environment
8405 Design Studio 1.2 (Architecture) or 9777 Design Studio 2.1 (Architecture)
6940 Design Environment