Publication Design (9633.3)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 Mr Greg CHANDLER (Ph: 12345678 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (191299) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (178331) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (178329) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (164690) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, FLEXIBLE, NSI-SL (164687) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (164688) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (162493) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, FLEXIBLE, NSI-SL (162490) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (162491) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ONLINE, UC-MELB (146914) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, FLEXIBLE, NSI-SL (139766) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (139768) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit engages with the notion of publication, as a term to describe a broad field of activity spanning print and screen media. It examines the principles of designing publications for dynamic information sources, connecting contemporary web publication practices with their historical print origins. Students gain critical insight and practical expertise through the process of developing publication templates for both print and screen-based formats.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate understanding of contemporary forms of publishing including their technicalities and historical origins;
2. Identify and adopt appropriate conventions and techniques for the visual representation of dynamic information sources in multiple media forms;
3. Demonstrate applied understanding of publication design concepts and techniques for print and screen;
4. Demonstrate expertise in graphic design technology; and
5. Conduct research and analysis, and clearly communicate a rationale for design decisions.
2 hours per week.
9292 Web Design and Production.
Understanding of the Adobe Creative suite and basic knowledge of CSS.
5668 Graphic Design 1.2.
5668 Graphic Design 1.2.
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 206JA Bachelor of Design
- 164HG Bachelor of Graphic Design
- 164JA Bachelor of Graphic Design
- 220JA Bachelor of Graphic Design/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 267JA Bachelor of Web Design and Production