Knowledge and Information Studies Project PG (9627.2)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Creative and Cultural Practice|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, ONLINE, BRUCE (178326) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ONLINE, BRUCE (164685) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ONLINE, BRUCE (162488) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ONLINE, BRUCE (136876) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this capstone unit, students plan and execute a significant project in knowledge or information studies. Students will define a research question or professional problem based on the application of appropriate theoretical frameworks. They are expected to negotiate an appropriate project with the unit convener and, in some cases, with a host organisation. In addition, students will engage in online forums with the unit convener to discuss the progress of their project and present their study in an academic forum. Students are strongly advised to begin planning their projects before the semester begins and consulting the unit convener.
On the successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate mastery of theoretical knowledge and the ability to reflect critically on theory and professional practice;
2. Apply advanced knowledge of recent disciplinary developments in knowledge or information studies;
3. Demonstrate a self-directed and original contribution to a significant knowledge or information project; and
4. Undertake a research project or professional project and deliver its findings with autonomy and accountability.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
3 hours per week.
9111 Social Research PG AND
completion of 9cp.
Enrolment in 957AA Master of Information Studies.
Knowledge of and ability to apply social research methods.
8112 Professional Practice in the Information Sector PG.