|Level:||Undergraduate First Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Journalism & Creative Writing|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (183422) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154951) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (136463) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit explores performance in practical, theoretical and philosophical terms, asking the questions: What is Performance? Why do I perform? How do I prepare for a performance? How do I connect with my audience? What do I want to achieve through my performance? How can I make my performance more persuasive?
In practical tutorials, students will develop performance projects of their own in music or other media (presentation, speech, spoken report, demonstration).
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Prepare effectively for a performance;
2. Choose appropriate material for performance;
3. Understand the elements of persuasive performance;
4. Explain and demonstrate strategies for connecting with an audience; and
5. Introduce a performance to an audience.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2016
- Semester 1, 2015
3 hours per week.