Project Management (9534.1)
|Level:||Undergraduate Third Year Level|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Management|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- UC Term 4, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, LIFE (147066) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will walk students through the nuts and bolts of project management. From understanding the project life cycle to setting priorities and expectations to controlling expenses and reporting results, project management touches several resources within organisations. Students will examine roles and environments and various techniques of planning, evaluation, and control. An overview of the tools used in contemporary project management is also provided.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Define the terms project and project management;
2. Describe the project life cycle, project selection, project environment, and approval process;
3. Identify the project management process groups including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing;
4. Explain the role of the project manager in initiating and completing a project;
5. Apply skills for a project in integration management, scope management, time management, cost management, quality management, human resource management, communications management, risk management, and procurement management;
6. Describe how to organise the organisational structure for a project;
7. Develop methods for motivating teams and keeping them focused;
8. Explain how to make leadership decisions concerning organisational structure and the role of project resources on a project's team; and
9. Identify project risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- UCI - Lingnan Institute for Further Education, Hong Kong
150 learning hours in online self-paced mode.
- 793AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies
- 992AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 818AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Commerce
- 221JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 222JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 223JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 224JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 280JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- 821AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 822AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Management
- 285JB Bachelor of Business Studies
- 285JA Bachelor of Business Studies (online)
- 368JA Bachelor of Hospitality Management