Communication Internship (9490.2)
|Level:||Undergraduate Third Year Level|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Communication and Media|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (139650) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (141035) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (145435) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Communication Internship 9490 is a third year, Level 3 unit offered to students of the Bachelors of Communication in Advertising, Journalism, Media and Public Affairs and Public Relations (and associated double degrees) and the Bachelor of Graphic Design as either a compulsory or elective part of their degree.
Students undertake the Communication Internship 9490 through a professional industry work placement.
Students apply the theoretical knowledge and practical skills they have gained throughout their degree in a professional industry or academic setting. You are required to undertake 100 hours of independent, professionally-oriented activities. Students will be exposed to and involved in the processes of planning and implementing various communication activities; the practical knowledge and experience gained will help to prepare you for successful entry into a professional career.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand the relationships between communication and/or journalism theories and actual professional practice;
2. Analyse communication practices and identify how communication could be improved;
3. Appreciate their own personal strengths and weaknesses as an emerging communication professional; and
4. Identify and evaluate the ethical, legal and professional issues associated with media-related industries.
5. Act responsibly, ethically and with integrity in a professional environment.
Time at internship position and meetings with unit convener as required.
48 cp of relevant degree
Permission of unit convenor.
Undergraduate-level knowledge of the principles of professional communication practice.
Restrictions: This unit is not open to students who have passed 7133 Communication Internship (part A) OR 9032 Communication Internship.
7133 Communication Internship (part A) AND 9032 Communication Internship.
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 222JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 229JA Bachelor of Australian Politics and Public Policy/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 232JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 212JA Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 226JA Bachelor of Communication in Journalism/Bachelor of Laws
- 213JA Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 227JA Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs/Bachelor of Laws
- 214JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 291JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations/Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- 164HG Bachelor of Graphic Design
- 164JA Bachelor of Graphic Design
- 220JA Bachelor of Graphic Design/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 236JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 242JA Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism