International Professional Practice (9443.1)
|Level:||Undergraduate Third Year Level|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182627) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166087) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165943) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (152577) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (148634) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (145758) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The unit will be offered as an elective available to all courses offered by Faculty of ESTeM. It will positively complement the development of professional graduates. Through a placement in an international professional context, this situated learning enables students to participate in the social and professional community where personal and professional knowledge, confidence and competence can be enhanced. Students will be challenged to make comparisons between the understanding and practices of Australia and the international setting. They will further develop their graduate skill base through exposure through cultural immersion and engagement.
Upon successful completion, students will be able to:
1. Critically analyse and articulate the contextual influences that inform both similarities and differences between professional practice internationally and in Australia ? a comparative contextual analysis;
2. Participate in the daily work in an international professional setting;
3. Develop an understanding of professional culture, structures, practice and ethics of the international professional setting;
4. Demonstrate enhanced cultural intelligence through engagement with international professionals and peers;
5. Demonstrate their ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with people whose attitudes, values, knowledge and skills may be significantly different from their own.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Winter Term, 2017
- Semester 1, 2017
- Winter Term, 2016
- Winter Term, 2015
- Semester 1, 2015
Equivalent of 1.5 hours per week and a 2 week placement for entire unit.