Foundations of Research and Creative Inquiry (9437.2)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Creative and Cultural Practice|
This unit will introduce students to: foundational academic literacies; critical thinking; research; attitudes and attributes necessary for successful participation in professional fields and the use of divergent thinking to generate ideas and create solutions to problems.
PLEASE NOTE: The online delivery mode of this unit is restricted to students enrolled in a full online course.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Map out their academic and professional trajectories over the next five years;
2. Identify the key discipline-specific and generic skills, attitudes and abilities needed in their academic and professional lives over the next five years;
3. Locate, assess, and make use of relevant information and research as part of a process of investigation;
4. Analyse and evaluate complex academic texts;
5. Generate ideas and problem solve using creative thinking methods;
6. Develop and construct logical, well-grounded and persuasive arguments; and
7. Communicate argument and analysis effectively in writing.
3 hours per week.
- 825AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Tourism Management
- 229JA Bachelor of Australian Politics and Public Policy/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 232JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 212JA Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 207JA Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Landscape Architecture
- 164JA Bachelor of Graphic Design
- 119HG Bachelor of Interior Architecture
- 985AA Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 236JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 267JA Bachelor of Web Design and Production