Philosophies of Communication, Technologies and Change PG (9434.2)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Communication and Media|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2018 Semester 2 MS Catherine PAGE JEFFERY (Ph: +61 2 62068725 ) ONLINE 2019 Semester 2 MS Catherine PAGE JEFFERY (Ph: +61 2 62068725 ) ONLINE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2017, ONLINE, BRUCE (164715) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ONLINE, BRUCE (162323) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ONLINE, BRUCE (141017) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit explores the contemporary philosophies behind communication practices and technologies and their role in the social, economic and political worlds in which we live. It critiques the relationships between technological change and our social, cultural, political and economic practices and institutions.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to
1. Demonstrate a critical understanding of key contemporary philosophical approaches to communication, technology and change;
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the global, spatial, temporal, social and cultural context of change;
3. Demonstrate a critical understanding of the varying perspectives of stakeholders in communication technology assemblages; and
4. Identify complex issues, synthesise and develop high-level, independent responses and communicate these to diverse audiences.
3 hours per week.
3 credit points towards Graduate Certificate in Social Media and Public Engagement.
Broad knowledge developed through Bachelor degree or equivalent.