Design Strategies (9302.3)
|Level:||Undergraduate Third Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 Mr Tom JAMES (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 Mr Tom JAMES (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (178627) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (178626) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (165484) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165073) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140468) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit explores emerging approaches to design which aim to deliver solutions which are not exclusively physical and 3-dimensional. A combination of theoretical and applied knowledge will expose the students to strategic projects which use design techniques (such as user & context research, co-design, envisioning, prototyping and testing) with potential applications in the design of services, systems, interactions and user experiences. This wider scope of projects will provide the students with tools which enable a broad variety of employment opportunities, not only in manufacture sector but open to other industries or services.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a clear understanding of current design strategies;
2. apply design strategies to a range of situations which might not include a physical 3-dimensional product as an outcome (such as systems or services);
3. document the strategic design process; and
4. effectively communicate design strategies in visual, oral and written form.
3 hours per week.