Information Graphics (9286.4)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 1 Mr Greg CHANDLER (Ph: 12345678 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 1 Mr Greg CHANDLER (Ph: 12345678 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (191231) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (176445) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (176444) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (165480) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, FLEXIBLE, NSI-SL (165339) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (165340) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, FLEXIBLE, NSI-SL (154835) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (154833) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, FLEXIBLE, NSI-SL (145465) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (145463) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit explores the field of information design. It connects traditional information design in the form of signage, wayfinding systems and early infographic works, with the contemporary fields of data visualization and infographics. It explores the ways that graphic designers represent complex datasets in physical and digital media. Students gain insight and expertise through the practical process of analysing, interpreting and representing datasets in a variety of media.
On completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate understanding of the historical origins of information design;
2. Analyse and interpret information and data sources;
3. Demonstrate how to meaningfully represent information and data sources in graphic form; and
4. Demonstrate innovative use of media to achieve effective outcomes.
3 hours per week.
Expertise in Graphic Design software.
8606 Information Graphics
8606 Information Graphics
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 206JA Bachelor of Design
- 164HG Bachelor of Graphic Design
- 164JA Bachelor of Graphic Design
- 220JA Bachelor of Graphic Design/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 267JA Bachelor of Web Design and Production