Principles of Strategic Communication G (9110.4)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 1 DR Yoonmo SANG (Ph: +61 2 62012945 ) ON-CAMPUS 2019 Semester 1 DR Yoonmo SANG (Ph: +61 2 62012945 ) ONLINE 2020 Semester 1 DR Yoonmo SANG (Ph: +61 2 62012945 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 1 DR Yoonmo SANG (Ph: +61 2 62012945 ) ONLINE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (191053) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191052) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ONLINE, BRUCE (176377) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (183367) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ONLINE, BRUCE (165334) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ONLINE, BRUCE (154602) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ONLINE, BRUCE (145751) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will introduce the concepts and principles that underpin strategic communication by exploring three related areas:
- understanding human communication, including consideration of a range of key thinkers on this topic;
- understanding contemporary communication environments taking a broadly societal approach but including consideration of new media, the concept of audiences, contemporary practices and patterns of media use; and
- critical analysis of the concept of strategic communication and its applicability to a range of societal and organisational situations.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate critical understanding of communication theory and its relevance to an appreciation of the complexity of human communication;
2. Demonstrate critical understanding of the contemporary communication environment; and
3. Evaluate prospects for successful strategic communication and to apply cognitive and communication skills to a variety of technical situations.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 1, 2019
- All Content is Delivered Online (ONLINE)
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 1, 2019
3 hours per week
Restrictions: This unit is not open to students who have passed 8572 Introduction to Strategic Communication PG
8572 Introduction to Strategic Communication PG