Alterations in Health 2 (9053.2)
|Level:||Undergraduate Second Year Level|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Disciplines of Nursing & Midwifery|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180002) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164512) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164111) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (152665) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154828) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (146797) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145551) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
An understanding of pathophysiology of the human body is essential for health practitioners. Using a case study approach, students will analyse disease processes across the life span associated with person, people, families and communities. Key concepts covered in this unit will relate to: neurological system; endocrine system; renal system-urinary structures; musculoskeletal system; and the reproductive system.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Analyse clinical case scenarios formulated around specific pathophysiological processes across the life span;
2. Discuss manifestations associated with altered health states across the life span; and
3. Critically discuss the impact that specific disease processes have on the homeostasis of the body.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Winter Term, 2017
- Semester 1, 2017
- Winter Term, 2016
- Semester 1, 2016
- Winter Term, 2015
- Semester 1, 2015
Equivalent of 150 hours per semester including self directed learning.
9042 Anatomy and Physiology for Nurses.
Enrolment in Bachelor of Nursing.
Restrictions: This unit is not open to students who have passed 7431 Analysing Disease Part 1.
7431 Analysing Disease Part 1.