Nursing the Infant, Child and Adolescent (9050.1)
|Level:||Undergraduate Third Year Level|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Disciplines of Nursing & Midwifery|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit explores concepts relevant to children's nursing. The unit focuses on providing nursing care to infants, children and adolescents across the health - illness continuum. Concepts of nursing inquiry, nursing caring, will be used to inform practice considerations.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. discuss key concepts relevant to children's nursing;
2. define threats to health in infancy, childhood and adolescence;
3. discuss key concepts specific to infant, child and adolescent nursing;
4. assess, plan, deliver and evaluate nursing care for selected heath problems.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Winter Term, 2017
- All Content is Delivered Online (ONLINE)
- Winter Term, 2016
- Winter Term, 2017
Student engagement of 150 hours including self directed learning across the semester
Restrictions: This unit is not open to students who have passed any 7435 Child and Adolescent Health and Illness
7435 Child and Adolescent Health and Illness