Health Professional Practice 2 (8989.1)
|Level:||Undergraduate Fourth Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Physiotherapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Physio Non Standard Period 1 DR Bernie BISSETT (Ph: +61 2 62012566 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Physio Non Standard Period 1 DR Bernie BISSETT (Ph: +61 2 62012566 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Physio Non Standard Period 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191769) - View
- UC Trimester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180891) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164605) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (155993) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit continues the study of health issues and practices in health care service delivery as they affect the health professional. The ethical and legal issues that govern the health professional are discussed and explored. The unit will facilitate the understanding of the transition between acute and long-term management of the patient. Issues pertaining to quality and safety for the health care professional will be discussed. Profession specific curriculum may be required.
This unit is co-taught with unit 6454 Health Professional Practice 2 PG.
On completion of this unit students will:
1. Understand the ethical and legal issues, and be able to demonstrate application of this knowledge in professional practice;
2. Appreciate the multidisciplinary nature of health care and demonstrate an ability to liaise with other health professionals to provide long-term management strategies for the patient;
3. Apply the requirements of quality and safety in health care; and
4. Understand basic principles of resource management in the professional context.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Physio Non Standard Period 1, 2019
- UC Trimester 1, 2018
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2017
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2016
Up to 4 hours per week lecture/tutorial or equivalent.
Musculoskeletal Interventions 3 8981 OR
Neurological Interventions 2 8983 OR
Cardiothoracic Interventions 2 8979