Studio 3 (8969.2)
|Level:||Undergraduate Second Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Design & Architecture|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (146049) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The focus of this studio unit is on design as a process of exploration, integration and synthesis.
Design studies explore concepts of purpose and place, the public-private interface, socio-cultural context and of form and structure. Responses to brief requirements, site, structure and skin, shelter and materiality are investigated and integrated into design learning.
Creative and analytical skills are developed through studies in abstraction, interpretation and synthesis. Project based learning is undertaken in a studio environment.
The brief requirements include criteria related to issues of sustainability, social responsibility and the application of research in design.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. understand the spatial concepts and core skills of design related to interiors, exteriors public and private spaces and objects;
2. understand design as a process of creative and practical exploration, integration and synthesis;
3. develop design strategies and responses to design project briefs;
4. work independently and as a member of a design team;
5. expand their communication skills.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 1, 2015
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- INDUSTRIAL DESIGN STUDIO/CAD Design Project 1 – Organic Shape ( 20% )
- INDUSTRIAL DESIGN STUDIO/CAD Design Project 2 – Low complexity handheld product ( 50% )
- INDUSTRIAL DESIGN STUDIO/CAD CAD ( 15% & 15% )
- INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE Project 01 ( 25% )
- INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE Project 02: Part A Part B ( 25% & 25% )
- INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE Project 03 ( 25% )
- LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE Representing the landscape e-portfolio ( 20% )
- LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE Back to Front Landscape concepts for the NMA edge ( 30% )
- LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE Back to Front Landscape design for the NMA edge ( 20 % and 30 % )
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 1, 2015
6 hours per week
Must have pass (1) unit: 8968 Studio 2 or
8232 Design Studio 1.2 (Interior Architecture) or
8263 Design Studio 1.2 (Landscape Architecture) or
8327 Design Studio 1.2 (Industrial Design).
8328 Design Studio 2.2 (Industrial Design)
8284 Design Studio 2.2 (Interior Architecture)
8743 Design Studio 2.2 (Landscape Architecture)
8328 Design Studio 2.2 (Industrial Design) 8284 Design Studio 2.2 (Interior Architecture) 8743 Design Studio 2.2 (Landscape Architecture)