Experience Design 1 (8954.4)
|Level:||Undergraduate Second Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 1 Mr Tom JAMES (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 1 Mr Tom JAMES (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (190920) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (176392) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (176391) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (165322) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165230) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (156480) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (153864) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145546) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit investigates both the tangible and the sensory elements of the interior environment, and focuses on their application within a set of conditions. Students will develop an understanding of the affects of colour, lighting, and materiality (tectonic) on the development of an interior environment, and on the user experience.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. demonstrate an understanding of the influence and impact of materials and systems on the role of the designer and the designed environment;
2. identify appropriate materials and systems for the development of meaningful interior environments;
3. demonstrate critical and analytical skills in the interpretation and appreciation of works of design;
4. resolve design proposals through appropriate project detailing.