Screenwriting G (8906.3)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Creative and Cultural Practice|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2018 Semester 1 MR Owen BULLOCK (Ph: +61 2 62015287 ) ON-CAMPUS 2018 Winter Term MS Felicity PACKARD (Ph: +61 2 62015336 ) INTENSIVE 2019 Semester 1 MR Owen BULLOCK (Ph: +61 2 62015287 ) ON-CAMPUS 2019 Winter Term MS Felicity PACKARD (Ph: +61 2 62015336 ) INTENSIVE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (176488) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (164850) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165318) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (161425) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (156070) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140641) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (141201) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to writing for the ear and eye as a script rather than writing to be read as prose. It concentrates on the principles and practicalities of dramatic writing for the screen with specific application to writing short film. The approach to this is three-pronged: analysis of the theories and principles of narrative drama and how they are applied in screenwriting; screenwriting techniques and practice; and criticism of students own work and analysis exercises in tutorial workshops. This unit is co-taught with unit 8905 Screenwriting.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically analyse and deconstruct screen dramas in terms of structure, character and narrative principles;
2. Apply these principles when creating original dramatic texts for the screen;
3. Use industry production conventions and formats in creating dramatic texts for the screen;
4. Demonstrate confidence in the critical evaluation and editing of their own and others work; and
5. Reflect on their learning and creative process.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2018
- Winter Term, 2017
- Semester 1, 2017
- Winter Term, 2016
3 hours per week
Restrictions: This unit is not open to student who have passed 8153 Introduction to Screenwriting G, 7688 Scriptwriting PG.
8153 Introduction to Screenwriting G