|Level:||Undergraduate Second Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Creative and Cultural Practice|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2017 Semester 1 MS Felicity PACKARD (Ph: +61 2 62015336 ) ON-CAMPUS 2017 Winter Term MS Felicity PACKARD (Ph: +61 2 62015336 ) INTENSIVE 2018 Semester 1 MS Felicity PACKARD (Ph: +61 2 62015336 ) ON-CAMPUS 2018 Winter Term MS Felicity PACKARD (Ph: +61 2 62015336 ) INTENSIVE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Winter Term, 2017, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (164843) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166668) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (161421) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (156069) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140637) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (141170) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to writing for the ear and eye as a script rather than writing to be read as prose. It concentrates on the principles and practicalities of dramatic writing for the screen with specific application to writing short film. The approach to this is three-pronged: analysis of the theories and principles of narrative drama and how they are applied in screenwriting; screenwriting techniques and practice; and criticism of students' own work and analysis exercises in tutorial workshops. This unit is co-taught with unit 8906 Screenwriting G.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Analyse and deconstruct screen dramas in terms of structure, character and narrative principles;
2. Apply these principles when creating original dramatic texts for the screen;
3. Use industry production conventions and formats in creating dramatic texts for the screen; and
4. Evaluate and edit their own and others' work.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Winter Term, 2017
- Semester 1, 2017
- Winter Term, 2016
3 hours per week
Restrictions: This unit is not open to students who have passed 8150 Introduction to Screenwriting, 6879 Scriptwriting 1.
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 301JA Bachelor of Film Production
- 320JA Bachelor of Journalism
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 984AA Bachelor of Writing