Cultural Research (8902.2)
|Level:||Undergraduate Second Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Humanities|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (145565) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit develops knowledge and skills pertinent to research conducted by creative practitioners. We begin with an introduction to the research framework, examining research paradigms, and the logic of ethical, experimental and epistemological research. Students develop skills in practice-led research techniques, formative thinking, and high-level reflective and critical practice.
This unit is co-taught with 8903 Cultural Research G.
On successful completion of the unit, students will be able to:
1. demonstrate a clear understanding of the research field and the assumptions underpinning the main research paradigms;
2. formulate a research question and design a research plan incorporating research methods suited to creative practice;
3. demonstrate sound critical and analytical skills with regard to both creative practice and research appropriate to creative practice;
4. reflect critically on their own work.
Completion of 24 credit points or permission of unit convener.
Restrictions: This unit is not open to students who have passed 7891 Practice-led Research Methods, 8300 Creative Research
8300 Creative Research
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 992AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 301JA Bachelor of Film Production
- 164JA Bachelor of Graphic Design
- 320JA Bachelor of Journalism
- 985AA Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 984AA Bachelor of Writing