Introduction to Forensic Psychology (8831.1)
|Level:||Undergraduate Second Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Psychology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2018 Winter Term DR Sally KELTY (Ph: +61 2 62012569 ) FLEXIBLE 2019 Winter Term DR Sally KELTY (Ph: +61 2 62012569 ) FLEXIBLE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Winter Term, 2018, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (180602) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (164539) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (152349) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (146697) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Introduction to forensic psychology: Eyewitness memory; Suggestibility; Offender profiling; Insanity, competence, and malingering; Expert testimony in the courtroom; Police Interrogation techniques; Prejudice, discrimination and hate crimes; Sexual harassment; Crime in sport; Terrorism; Miscarriages of justice.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of criminal offending and an understanding of the role of a forensic psychologist in relation to the investigation of crime and the assessment and treatment of offenders;
2. Think critically, to analyse and evaluate claims, evidence and arguments, and to reason and develop evidence clearly and logically; and
3. Deploy critically evaluated information to practical ends.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Winter Term, 2018
On-Campus Activities (Optional) and Online Content (FLEXIBLE)
- 1. Research participation (5% )
- 2. Mid-semester test (covering material from weeks 1 to 4) You must take parts 1 and 2 of the mid-semester test to pass this unit (40% )
- 3. Court visit report. You must submit the court visit report to pass this unit (15% )
- 4. Take home exam You must submit the final exam to pass this unit (40% )
- On-Campus Activities (Optional) and Online Content (FLEXIBLE)
- Winter Term, 2017
- Winter Term, 2016
- Winter Term, 2015
- Winter Term, 2018
12 hours of lectures and 8 hours of tutorials over the Winter Term.
4309 Psychology 101 OR
4310 Psychology 102 OR
by permission of the unit convenor.