Industry Based Learning 1 (8787.3)
|Level:||Undergraduate Second Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Built Environment and Design|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (159499) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (159500) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (154365) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (139830) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (141179) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (145742) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The following areas will be taught as part of this subject: ethics and industry practices in the construction industry; issues relating to harassment in the workplace; issues relating to international awareness and cultural diversity; the role of the professional within industry and society and workplace practices required for entry to the workplace.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Meet industry professional standards for competencies and knowledge relating to ethics in the construction industry;
2. Appreciate the place of professionalism within the industry and society;
3. Understand the need for maintaining and improving professional development whilst in the construction industry;
4. Understand the need to work within and provide and environment free from harassment;
5. Understand the importance of international awareness and the appreciation of cultural diversity in the construction industry;
6. Keep a log book required for accreditation;
7. Enter a construction worksite.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2016
- Winter Term, 2016
10 hours per week.