Professional Practice in Applied Science (8783.3)
|Level:||Undergraduate Third Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Science|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (182328) - View
- Winter Term, 2018, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (182330) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (182325) - View
- Summer Semester, 2017/18, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (182332) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (166063) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (166172) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (165685) - View
- Summer Semester, 2016/17, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (169338) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (150591) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (153828) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (140911) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (141119) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (148123) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Students fulfil the requirements of this unit, under limited supervision of a UC staff member, by undertaking an approved professional placement for no less than 15 x 7.5hrs days (or the part time equivalent) with an approved organisation.
On successful completion of this unit, students will have:
1. Gained experience in working in a professional workplace in their relevant area;
2. Gained experience in undertaking professional tasks in the workplace, by participating in one or more of the following - conducting surveys, working with stakeholders, clients or customers, helping to implement management plans, and related activities;
3. An understanding of the operating environment and structure of the workplace where they do their placement;
4. Adhered to the standards and requirements of the workplace where they do their placement; and
5. Prepared a logbook of their activities at the workplace and a report on the project(s) they conducted during their placement and/or what they learnt during their placement.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2017
- Winter Term, 2017
- Semester 1, 2017
- Summer Semester, 2016/17
- Semester 2, 2016
- Semester 1, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
- Winter Term, 2015
- Semester 1, 2015
120 hours student placement (There will also be approximately 10 students in Research Project in Applied Science on the Faculty-Led Study Abroad program to NZ � Di Gleeson convenor)
Permission by Unit Convener. Written agreement on activities, placement, supervision and outputs. Restriction: This unit is incompatible for students enrolled in the Bachelor of Human Nutrition (686AA).