Forensic Science 1 (8778.3)
|Level:||Undergraduate First Year Level|
|HECS Bands:||2, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Science|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2018 Semester 2 DR James ROBERTSON (Ph: +61 2 62012870 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166361) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (156364) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145489) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will introduce the principles of forensic science, the individual forensic science disciplines, the types of physical evidence, the practical skills required for crime scene investigation, the role of forensic science in the legal system, and the preparation and delivery of forensic evidence to the courts.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Apply a knowledge of basic concepts in forensic science in the areas of crime scene examination, impression evidence, fires and explosions, document examination, fingerprints, toxicology, biological evidence, electronic evidence, and general trace evidence; and
2. Demonstrate an awareness of the role of forensic evidence in the legal system.
5 hours per week.
- 142HG Bachelor of Applied Science in Forensic Studies
- 142JA Bachelor of Applied Science in Forensic Studies
- 762HG Bachelor of Commerce
- 194JA Bachelor of Forensic Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 248HG Bachelor of Justice Studies
- 249JA Bachelor of Justice Studies/Bachelor of Forensic Studies
- 885AA Bachelor of Nursing
- 392AB Bachelor of Science
- 195JA Bachelor of Social Science in Justice Studies/Bachelor of Forensic Studies
- MJ0144 Major in Forensic Studies (Law)
- MJ0145 Major in Forensic Studies (Psychology)
- MN0164 Minor in Conservation Science
- MN0167 Minor in Digital Forensics
- MN0151 Minor in Environmental Forensic Science
- MN0152 Minor in Forensic Biology
- MN0153 Minor in Forensic Biosecurity
- MN0154 Minor in Forensic Chemistry
- MN0150 Minor in Forensic Science
- MN0155 Minor in Forensic Toxicology