|Level:||Undergraduate Fourth Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Law & Justice|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2017 Semester 2 DR Dalma DEMETER (Ph: +61 2 62015792 ) ON-CAMPUS 2018 Semester 2 DR Dalma DEMETER (Ph: +61 2 62015792 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your Unit's Moodle site.
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (167664) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (151817) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140595) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will develop the students' analytical and oral advocacy skills, help them master structuring skills in organizing written presentations, improve their usage of authorities in support of their arguments, and at the same time will develop their team work abilities. It will also help the moot team members to advance their performance in specialized areas of private and public law, depending on the field of each competition, offering a practical training based on real-life-case scenarios, performing tasks they will perform in a legal position after graduation.This unit will be co-taught with unit Mooting PG.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to demonstrate:
1. The necessary skills for successful competition mooting, including research, analysis, application of legal principles and oral and written legal argument in a complicated problem, in an area of either national or international law;
2. An awareness of the policy considerations implicit in law and legal argument in competition mooting at the national or international level;
3. That they can confidently and competently present and refute detailed legal arguments, including an ability to utilise the relevant procedural rules, while being exposed to intense questioning; and
4. An understanding of appropriate courtroom etiquette, interpersonal attitudes and ethical behaviour, and applied this understanding to working in a team.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
6 hours per week
Permission of the unit convener.
Legal research and writing, and basic advocacy skills, as well as knowledge of the legal field representing the subject matter of the targeted competition.
- 995AA Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication / Bachelor of Laws
- 944AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Laws
- 821AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 238JA Bachelor of Australian Politics and Public Policy/Bachelor of Laws
- 239JA Bachelor of Building and Construction Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 808AA Bachelor of Business Informatics/Bachelor of Laws
- 810AA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws
- 127JA Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 225JA Bachelor of Communication in Advertising/Bachelor of Laws
- 226JA Bachelor of Communication in Journalism/Bachelor of Laws
- 227JA Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs/Bachelor of Laws
- 228JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations/Bachelor of Laws
- 194JA Bachelor of Forensic Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 240JA Bachelor of Human Resource Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 996AA Bachelor of Journalism / Bachelor of Laws
- 794AA Bachelor of Laws
- 829AA Bachelor of Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 149JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Laws
- 997AA Bachelor of Public Relations / Bachelor of Laws
- 833AA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Laws
- 836AA Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 241JA Bachelor of Social Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 837AA Bachelor of Sports Media/Bachelor of Laws