Biosecurity and Microbial Forensics (8665.3)
|Level:||Undergraduate Third Year Level|
|HECS Bands:||2, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Science|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 UC Trimester 2 DR Jurian HOOGEWERFF (Ph: +61 2 62015879 ) ONLINE 2019 UC Trimester 3 DR Jurian HOOGEWERFF (Ph: +61 2 62015879 ) ONLINE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- UC Trimester 3, 2018, ONLINE, BRUCE (182352) - View
- UC Trimester 2, 2018, ONLINE, BRUCE (182351) - View
- UC Trimester 3, 2017, ONLINE, BRUCE (166479) - View
- UC Trimester 2, 2017, ONLINE, BRUCE (166461) - View
- UC Trimester 3, 2016, ONLINE, BRUCE (150339) - View
- UC Trimester 2, 2016, ONLINE, BRUCE (152965) - View
- UC Trimester 3, 2015, ONLINE, BRUCE (142736) - View
- UC Trimester 2, 2015, ONLINE, BRUCE (142706) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to the key concepts involved in Biosecurity and Microbial Forensics, with a focus on understanding the types of biological agents that pose potential security risks and the system and practices involved in investigation and management of potential threats. This unit is co-taught with unit Biosecurity and Microbial Forensics G.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Collate, analyse, evaluate, interpret and present information relating to Biosecurity and Microbial Forensics;
2. Identify and analyse potential biosecurity threats and to implement and evaluate appropriate microbial forensic techniques for threat resolution, with independent critical and creative thinking;
3. Respond to potential biosecurity threats with the ability to initiate new ideas, implement effective decisions and cope with uncertainty; and
4. Understand the health, environmental, economic, political, legal and social issues related to biosecurity, with an international perspective.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- UC Trimester 3, 2018
- UC Trimester 2, 2018
Biochemistry OR Introduction to Microbiology.
- 142HG Bachelor of Applied Science in Forensic Studies
- 142JA Bachelor of Applied Science in Forensic Studies
- 762HG Bachelor of Commerce
- NPSC02 Bachelor of Forensic Studies/ Bachelor of Laws
- 194JA Bachelor of Forensic Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 248HG Bachelor of Justice Studies
- SCNP01 Bachelor of Justice Studies/Bachelor of Forensic Studies
- 249JA Bachelor of Justice Studies/Bachelor of Forensic Studies
- 131JA Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science
- 392AB Bachelor of Science
- 195JA Bachelor of Social Science in Justice Studies/Bachelor of Forensic Studies