Biosecurity and Microbial Forensics (8665.2)
|Level:||Undergraduate Third Year Level|
|HECS Bands:||2, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Science|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2017 UC Trimester 2 DR Michelle GAHAN (Ph: +61 2 62012079 ) ONLINE 2017 UC Trimester 3 DR Michelle GAHAN (Ph: +61 2 62012079 ) ONLINE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your Unit's Moodle site.
- UC Trimester 3, 2017, ONLINE, BRUCE (166479) - View
- UC Trimester 2, 2017, ONLINE, BRUCE (166461) - View
- UC Trimester 3, 2016, ONLINE, BRUCE (150339) - View
- UC Trimester 2, 2016, ONLINE, BRUCE (152965) - View
- UC Trimester 3, 2015, ONLINE, BRUCE (142736) - View
- UC Trimester 2, 2015, ONLINE, BRUCE (142706) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to the key concepts involved in Biosecurity and Microbial Forensics, with a focus on understanding the types of biological agents that pose potential security risks and the system and practices involved in investigation and management of potential threats. This unit is co-taught with unit Biosecurity and Microbial Forensics G.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Collate, analyse, evaluate, interpret and present information relating to Biosecurity and Microbial Forensics; identify and analyse potential biosecurity threats and to implement and evaluate appropriate microbial forensic techniques for threat resolution, with independent critical and creative thinking; respond to potential biosecurity threats with the ability to initiate new ideas, implement effective decisions and cope with uncertainty; and understand the health, environmental, economic, political, legal and social issues related to biosecurity, with an international perspective.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- UC Trimester 3, 2017
- UC Trimester 2, 2017
- UC Trimester 3, 2016
- UC Trimester 2, 2016
- UC Trimester 3, 2015
- UC Trimester 2, 2015
Biochemistry OR Introduction to Microbiology.